Monday, January 21, 2008

Tak Kasi Pulang...

It was almost 10 PM when I left my desk, ready to go home. The day was okay as I need not scrub in for all four surgeries. Evening round was disastrous: one of the post-surgical patient went into panic attack, and was hyperventilating. Her parents were not doing too well either. The mother was frantically hugging her, while the father was fanning everybody with a magazine, trying to cool things down. It was Grey's Anatomy came to life.
I decided to take a taxi home tonight, as it was pretty cold outside, and the snow was another layer thicker than before. As the taxi took a turn from the hospital, my phone started to rang. "There is an ovarian torsion (case) in the ER, and we need you in the OR right away..."(Shot...) Just when I was ready to go home... I was glad I wasn't too far from the hospital when they called. Eventually the taxi made another turn, and I am back to where I left a minute ago. So much of an easy day!
Since I haven't really scrub in for an ovarian torsion before, I am actually looking forward to the surgery. The phone rang. It is time to scrub in...

0 comments:

Post a Comment