Friday, January 25, 2008

Matched...??!!!

It was hell of a lie if I say I wasn't anxious about where I will be matched for my residency in the States. Yeah, hell that was a lie when I acted cool during the rounds and scrubbing in for operations, as if I did not give a shit about the match result. Hell yeah, I was bloody lying whe I tell you over lunch that I wasn't even worried...
I have been sneaking into my cubicle every now and then to check if I got any email or notification about my match...
from ANYBODY...
PLEASSSE....
It was Jan 25th 2008.
The match result should be out by Jan 24th, US PST.
But my email was only filled with junk mails, and some mailing list that I was subscribed to... No email about the match. Not even a single reply from anybody. Not even a word of condolences. Damn it. It was a very long day... More Cesaran sections, more laparoscopic surgeries, more vaginal deliveries... the day went on...
Still no mails from SF match... I was getting neurotic.
I was up until 2 AM in the morning... trying to find an airbed for Dad's friends who will be coming with my family for Chinese New Year.
Still... the mailbox looked empty.
I fell asleep eventually.
5:15 AM. Jan 26th Tokyo time.
I couldn't act cool no more.
So I decide to make a phone call to SF match and....
I was told that I matched with Cleveland Clinic!!



Yahoo......!!!!!

okay, now what???
oh... my NRMP... haven't done that ranking list yet...
okay, what next....??

.......

Still need to get my airbed. But damn, I am so sleep-deprived.
Need more sleep.

7:30 AM.
Yikes! Look at the time!! Too late for sleep now...
Needa clean up and go to work...!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if u think u can,u CAN....这是您梦寐以求的机会,犹豫不决只会带来后悔的决。。。。。。想是问题、做是答案、输在犹豫、赢在行动

Anonymous said...

Congrats!Your long time american dream has materialised at last.BTW what course did u get?

Live2Think said...

Yo bryan, thanx for the tips. Well, like Nike says, Just do it.

Dorachan,
Yeah, I guess I got what I really wanted. I will be doing Child Neurology.

Shin said...

hey, congrats....

Anonymous said...

hey I was just thinking - is it wise to do CHILD neuro ONLY? will you be pigeon holed and be unable to find employment for a neuro centre where there are only adults? will there be an adult neuro component too in your course?

Kenneth

Live2Think said...

Thanks, Shin and thanks for the concern, Kenneth. Well... its pretty tricky question, I don't have a real answer now. However, I am getting a double board from this residency ―― a Peds Board, and a Neuro+Pscyh Board. I guess I could do either one in the future if I want. Nevertheless, child neuro is turning mainstream... I think the demand for child neurologist will increase in the years to come. That's why they shortened the period of training in the states to meet the demand. From what I've heard, I wont be eating grass for the years to come. Well, I hope what I heard was true. LOL.

Post a Comment