Saturday, January 26, 2008

海商の昼

Yesterday was incredibly crazy.
I slept for only 3 hours, went to work in the middle of a snow storm, ended up on a bus that was 30 minutes late, soaked wet.
Wasn't a good day to start with.
The snow was as high as my knees when I was crawling through my front door. It is my second year here in Sapporo, and never had I seen so much snow before.

I was the only doctor in the ward when I got there, and luckily not alot of time-consuming cases on the ward. Did some gauze changing, stitches-taking, wound-dressing, and my day was almost over. The weather was pretty bad outside, you could see right outside the window, where the snow just piled up like a thick whip-cream on top of the cars parked below. Nevertheless, it was a good day, for I have finally got my match result.

For my last 3 months in TKH, spending time with the residents are somehow high in my to-do-lists. Ikechan came out with his big black car, and Seki, Oilin, Mu-chan and I decided to go for a drive ―― a quest for a nice meal in the middle of the snow storm. Oilin is a 'local' local, and she knows every trees and every plants in this area. And immediately she was our best guide to consult. We decided to go for Gyouza(餃子) but eventually settled on a place call Umi-syou(海商). Seki came here twice and was pretty impressed by the 'tension' (atmosphere) of this Seafood restaurant.

It was a nice sea-food buffet restaurant, with somewhat like Malaysian 'food-court' style kinda setting. Well, a bit more posh than that. Anyways, my day was not meant to be easy. My 10000 yen notes went into this ticket vending machine, where you pay for the meal in advance, and the whole machine broke down.

$#%"&$"&!'!!

And the whole restaurant staffs were running about, panicking. They came back with the change, and was consistently apologising for the corrupted machine. I think I am gonna miss this kinda scene after I leave Japan. We got to our table, and the buffet officially started. The sushi served there was marvellous; there were also all sorts of aquatic-beings, waiting to be grilled. I couldn't help serving myself with yakitori too. The desserts were superb as well.








It was like a 90minutes binge thingy. Stuffing seafood into your stomach was not too fun. I would say we only need an hour to be filled, but we still went on for desserts. I guess it was pretty cheap for a seafood buffet, and the food was not crappy at all. I would definitely bring my family and friends here for buffet the next time. The only downside of coming to this restaurant is that the smell of seafood + BBQ just stays with you the whole day...

By the time we reach home, it was already late in the evening. Shortly after that, I was starting my night shift at the emergency room outpatient clinic. I did not get to finish until after midnight.

What a day.

I had a great time hanging out, though it was a long day for just a meal. It was a long day after 3 hours of sleep, and by the time I got back home, I was near unconscious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I really miss Sapporo/Teiene and those seafoods.
The pictures tells me you had a lot of fun.
I actually saw a short docuemantary on TV about Umisho. It told how Umisho runs well and become popular.

I hope you became near unconscious inside your house.

Live2Think said...

Ha ha... well, thank god I did. Or else this blog would not exist at all. LOL. Wow, I did not know Umisyo is THAT famous. You should really come back before I leave. We can go Umisyo again. :)

Post a Comment