Friday, January 4, 2008

I will follow you into the dark...

I wasn't too eager to go back to work after 3 days of new year holidays. All the wild parties and feast had turned me both brainless and lazy. Sometimes I wonder if that is why they tend not to give us vacation here in Japan. It does make you less wanting to go to work.

Today turned out better than I thought. The day was sunny and bright, a pleasant weather to cycle across snow-covered town to work. Since I only left with one patient in the ward, my pre-round was brief and simple. We got to watch my long-waited 'epilepsy syndrome' video during the noon conference. It was awesome, but for the time being, I am still skeptic about the idea of spending 30,000yen on the DVD.

Our hospital had a new year party during the evening. As underpaid residents, it is only natural for us to turn up at any hospital events tagged with 'free food'. The dining hall, not to my surprise, was already infested with hungry residents. Seki and I made an early exit, and we decided to head for the gym.

While I am more of a work-out person, Seki -- my colleague who only comes to the gym once in a blue moon, was eager to try out new stuff. He talked me into joining the gym class, and without a single clue what I am getting myself into, we signed up for the Body-Combat class. There were lots of jumping, kicking, boxing, and martial art moves. The 60 minutes class was crazier than I expected. For someone who have been reluctant to join gym classes, I actually enjoyed it very much.

My friend sent me a YouTube video today. It was a song called "I will follow you into the dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. I immediately love the song. It is about sharing your life with someone you love, and being together for eternity. On top of that, the drawings are damn cute!! The brown bunny was very sad when the white bunny died, and waited for death to come so they could meet again. Pretty touching. So, wouldn't you hope for a white bunny whom you can follow into the dark...?

1 comments:

Shin said...

This is a beautiful song...... is there a brown bunny that whould follow me into the dark?

Post a Comment