Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting a car...

For years, I have been able to get myself around places with bicycles, trains, buses and planes. Sometimes, my friends will drive me around and to places I need to go to. Public transports, has never been a problem.... until now.
The United States is a F#%$k'n HUGE country, and here, public transport is not as good, and everybody has a car. Without a car, I am pretty much stuck with my sad little life with restricted access to places beyond the reach of public transportations. Though life has been good with couple of "volunteer drivers" that basically gave me rides to places I need to go, I started to be convinced that I need a car to survive in this city called Cleveland, especially when the weather is getting cold.
I have been browsing around for a good "wife" to spend my time with for the next 3-5 years, and have been to Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Mustang, BMW dealers to get a perfect car for myself. It has been tough to find the right car with the right sense. Mitsubishi eclipse has a fancy "butt" and great in performance, but was not as exciting as Mazda RX-8. Honda and Toyotas are great cars with good gas mileages and great interiors but was not totally the car I would wanna drive right now. A dealer was trying to get me to buy his modified brand new mustang, with 7k rebate, but I am still considering if I could trust an American car. BMW has the sleek look, and of course its brand name, but not as sporty as others.
I realised I am more of a superficial, sports-car-kind-person, with no interest on luxury cars or SUV. Funny enough, I don't really care about the performance either. I told a girlfriend of mine, that as long as the car looks good, I am getting it. She gave me this funny look, with a simple remark: "You men are so superficial..." Ha ha. I apologize to those guys out there who aren't as superficial as I am, but hell ya, I am getting my car just base on the look.
Well, let me take that back. It is not TOTALLY about the look. I am not going for a 2 seater this time, so most of the roadsters are out from my lists. SLK 350, Lotus seems like fun car to get hold of, but very impractical. I am also looking into a cars that has the "basic" entertainment equipments like a port for my iPhone and iPod and a surround audio system. A moon-roof will be a plus. Guess I am not asking too much for such basic requirements.
For the time being, I am still swinging between getting a RX-8 or a BMW 328i sedan. Also thinking of eclipse or perhaps giving mustang a try. What do u think?

Mitsubishi Eclipse

Mazda RX-8

BMW 328i Sedan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

avoid an american car if you could, japanese car is more reliable and less depreciation...a a friend bought a brand new toyota and sold it 2 years later for $500 more than he spent...

Unknown said...

i think the Mitsubishi Eclipse is cute.

Post a Comment